Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Reckless Belgian Drivers

I think that Belgium is a very dangerous country to live in.  The reason that I say this is that my life has been threatened in Belgium.  Who threatens my life?  Belgians!  In particular, Belgian drivers keep threatening my life.  I usually commute between my house and workplace, taking trams.  In order to reach the tram station where I should take a tram, I should walk approximately 10 minutes and cross two crosswalks: one crosswalk does not have a traffic light, whereas the other crosswalk does have it.

I am really scared of crossing the crosswalk "with a traffic light" because Belgian drivers simply ignore the traffic light.  They just pass through the crosswalk regardless of whether pedestrians cross the crosswalk.  Almost every day, I am nearly hit by Belgian drivers while crossing the crosswalk.  Thus, when I pointed out the traffic light with my hand, ALL Belgian drivers that violated the traffic signal made a rude gesture implying "so what?".

However, I can safely cross the crosswalk without a traffic light.  That is because the road with the crosswalk is always crowded with cars and Belgian drivers cannot simply pass through the crosswalk.

I think that for Belgian drivers, traffic lights are just decoration stands along streets.  I don't think that this is only my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment