Monday, July 22, 2013

Design Triology by Gary Hustwits

While priming for a trip to Paris with my brother's family, I have become interested in art and design.  My wife asked me why I got to be interested in design all of sudden.  Well, I don't know.  My wife seems to believe that my sudden interest in art and design comes from somewhere.  What I have done for an annual report may be a source of my interest in design.  Anyway, I encountered an interesting documentary series regarding modern design, which was produced by Gary Hustwits.  The documentary series actually consists of three: Helvetica (www.helveticafilm.com), Objectified (www.objectifiedfilm.com), and Urbanized (urbanizedfilm.com).  As you may be already aware, Helvetica is a face type and the documentary about Helvetica talked about why and how Helvetica was born and what impact has given to us.  Until watching the documentary, I have never know that Helvetica is related to Switzerland.  The second documentary, Objectified, is about industrial design.  This was also interesting.  The third one, Urbanized, was less informative than the other two pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment