Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Paris Museum Pass vs Individual tickets purchased online

Unlike my brother-in-law's family, my brother's family did not want to buy Paris Museum Passes, claiming that they wanted to visit only Musée d'Orsay, Musée de l'Orangerie, and Palace of Versailles.  When comparing the price of a two-day Paris Museum Pass (39 euro) and those of individual tickets for the three attractions (34 euro = 18 euro + 16 euro), they were right.  Thus, when I tried to purchase two tickets of combination of Musée d'Orsay and Musée de l'Orangerie online on behalf of them, it was a little bit different from it was known.  Each combination ticket was supposed to cost 16 euro.  However, if we purchased it online, we had to pay a processing fee of 1.6 euro as an extra cost.  Well, it could be understandable because this was French way.  Another surprising thing is that even if I purchased the tickets online, the website did not give me the tickets that can be used in museums.  In other words, I had to visit a third place, not museums, to get real tickets.  My brother and I had to visit Auchan, a French supermarket, to get the purchased tickets in the morning.  The supermarket was supposed to open at 08:30 a.m.  However, it opened at 09:00 a.m.  An employee in charge of tickets for museums and other events did not know how to operate the computerized system to print out my tickets.  She made a call to somewhere to operate the system. When I got the tickets, it was almost 10:00 a.m.  Why do we buy tickets online?  It is to avoid a long queue to buy tickets in front of a museum.  I wasted 1.5 hours to get my tickets that I purchased online even though I paid 1.6 euro processing fee.  If I had purchased the tickets in front of museum, I could have saved time and money.  I guess that this system is to make tourists buy Paris Museum Passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment